Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 6 people
1 head cauliflower
3 Yukon gold potatoes
2 tablespoon oil
1 yellow onion, diced
2 teaspoons garam masala
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1-inch piece of ginger root, minced
1/4 cup water
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chop cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add onion and sauté over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add garam masala, salt, jalapeno, ginger, potatoes, cauliflower and1/4 cup water.
- Stir, cover, and cook over medium heat until vegetables are cooked through 15-20 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir and add lemon juice before serving.
This name simply means cauliflower and potatoes in Hindi and is a popular dish in India and internationally.
- Garnish with fresh, chopped coriander.
Source: Institute of Integrative Nutrition New York