Apple Choy Slaw
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Yields: 3 people
5 stalks of bok choy, chopped
1 granny smith apple, sliced
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts (optional)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
2 teaspoons honey or brown rice syrup
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Prepare dressing in a bowl or shaker container and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad.
- Eat immediately. If you are going to serve the salad later on, add the apples just before serving to prevent them from browning.
- Try cabbage instead of bok choy or carrot slices instead of onion.
- Add fresh herbs such as cilantro, parsley, mint or scallions.
- Double the dressing ingredients and use on leftover grains.
Source: Institute of Integrative Nutrition New York