Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Yields: 8 people
3 cups water
2 cups lentils
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
- Boil water.
- Add lentils, reduce heat to simmer and cook uncovered for 40 minutes until lentils become soft and lose their shape.
- While lentils are cooking, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue sautéing another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside with remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- When the lentils are finished, transfer to large mixing bowl and cool in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Form into patties, 4 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick.
- Place patties on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and cook 10-15 minutes in the oven.
Source: Institute of Integrative Nutrition New York