Quick Nori Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 people
5 nori sheets
2 tablespoons daikon, grated
3 slices ginger
2 teaspoons umeboshi paste
3-4 cups boiling water
- In a dry skillet, toast each nori sheet for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Tare or cut nori into bite size pieces.
- Add nori, daikon, ginger and umeboshi, to a pot of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chopped scallions just before serving.
- You can also try adding a grated carrot for a bit of a sweet flavor.
Source: Institute of Integrative Nutrition New York