Rice Porridge with Apples
Prep time: 5 minutes
Prep notes: Cooking time: 15 minutes
Yields: 3 people
2 cups leftover brown rice
1/4 cup water, rice milk or coconut water
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1 apple, peeled and diced
1 tsp chia seeds
½ - 1 cup chopped walnuts and almonds
- Add rice, liquid, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to a pan and cook over medium-low heat.
- Add apple and mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until the apple is soft.
- Serve and sprinkle with chia seeds and nut mix
- Enjoy hot.
- You can use any leftover grain in place of the rice.
- Add in 1 tsp of organic coconut oil while cooking for a richer flavour and an immune system boost.
- Top with 1 tbsp of goji berries, raspberries or blueberries for extra Vitamin C and antioxidants.