Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yields: 6 people
2 cups leftover, cooked rice (I like to use brown rice for a heartier, healthier pudding)
1-2 cups coconut water*, rice milk or water
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
10 cardamom pods or 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 cup raisins (or goji berries)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tablespoons raw honey/maple syrup/rice syrup
- Place all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Continue cooking until raisins (or goji berries) are plump, coconut is soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Taste and add more sweetener if necessary.
- Coconut water is simply the liquid inside a coconut. You can buy it in health food stores and supermarkets. Also, you can often find fresh young coconuts in Asian markets.
Source: Institute of Integrative Nutrition New York