Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 people
1 cup buckwheat
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 small handful of green beans, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Bring the buckwheat, water and salt to a boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer.
- Add beans and squash to the grain after it has cooked 10 minutes.
- Continue cooking 10 more minutes.
- Stir in sunflower seeds, fluff and serve.
- Try green zucchini or snow-peas instead of green beans.
- Try pumpkin or other seed in place of sunflower seeds.
Source: Institute of Integrative Nutrition New York